September 29, 2019
Through the work of many people over the last decade, advocates were able to convince the legislature to fund a Universal Health Care Task Force. SB 770 legislative champion Senator James Manning will join us.
How do we continue to advocate so that the task force helps us move towards an equitable, affordable, comprehensive, publicly funded universal health care system?
We will explore –
• What does SB 770 do?
• Why is single payer important?
• Why is a single risk pool important?
• What provider payment methods are likely to lead to affordable high quality care?
• What does SB 770 say about these things?
• What does research say about these things?
• What do you say about these things?